March 24, 2020 1 min read

On March 17, our leadership and product teams met to decide what to do. We were all but out of sellable inventory. Our factories overseas were totally shut down for the foreseeable future. Our factories told us they couldn’t ship new Apex units until August at best.

Basically we saw two paths ahead. pre-sale a solid, existing product in the Apex for several months in hopes of shipping them in early September; or launch a truly groundbreaking modular system in the Flex and ship them in late October. The decision was unanimous. We put everything we have into the development of the future of portable solar power.